Greyhound Dog Facts
Are you looking for some Greyhound dog facts? Well you have come to the right place! So continue reading to learn all about this awesome breed of dog!
- The Greyhound is a slim, tall dog with a long head. Their coat is short and comes in a number of different colors.
- A male Greyhound will reach an approx height of twenty eight to thirty inches (seventy one to seventy six centimeters). Whereas a female Greyhound will reach an approx height of twenty seven to twenty eight inches (sixty eight to seventy one centimeters).
- A male Greyhound will reach an approx weigh of sixty five to eighty pounds (twenty nine to thirty six kilograms). A female Greyhound will reach a weight of approx sixty to seventy pounds (twenty seven to thirty one kilograms).
- One of the great Greyhound dog facts is that this breed has an amazing personality. They are very courageous, loving and smart dogs. However, this breed can tend to come across a little reserved, even to their owners. To overcome this, they need a lot of socialization with other people and animals.
- It’s best to have a backyard if you own a Greyhound. However, saying this, you can still live in an apartment and own a Greyhound if you exercise them on a daily basis.
- One of the Greyhound dog facts you may not know is that this breed is a little sensitive to the cold. Therefore, it’s best to put a coat on your Greyhound when going on walks in cold weather.
- The Greyhound ideally needs daily exercise such a long walk or run. It’s also a good idea to take them to a safe, fenced area on a regular basis where they can run around free off the lead.
- One of the Greyhound dog facts you need to realize is that this breed has an instinct to chase. If they spot something they wish to chase then they’ll take off and due to their speed you will likely not be able to catch up. Therefore, when walking out in public, it’s best to keep your Greyhound on a leash.
- One of the Greyhound dog facts that people like to know is how long the breed lives on average. The answer is that the Greyhound has an approximate life span of ten to twelve years.
- One of the cool Greyhound dog facts is that this breed is very, very fast. In fact they can reach speeds of forty miles or more per hour (sixty five kilometers per hour).
- The Greyhound does not shed much hair, which is a bonus.
- One of the Greyhound dog facts you may not know is that they can get bloat. To prevent this, you should feed your Greyhound two or three little meals a day, rather than one huge meal.
As you can see from the above Greyhound dog facts, that are an amazing animal. So what are you waiting for? Don’t delay and adopt your new Greyhound today!